Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-08-2004 , 07:36 PM

Bending Geometry

Hey guys I'm trying to make a cylindrical room with tiles on the wall but I've made a shape and extruded that shape already but i need to bend it so tat it follows the contour of the cyclinder.

How do i do that, I'm coming from 3D studio Max, and it's just a modifier in Max, but i can't seem to find how to in MAYA.

Thanks

# 2 16-08-2004 , 08:16 PM
Lifetime Member
probably your best way is to use a lattice, you can find it in the animation menu set under deform /create Lattice.
select the number of divisions you need and once created select the lattice and right click and choose lattice points and you can move the points and your geometry will deform accordingly.To delete the lattice after ,select your geomtry and delete history by type and the lattice will dissappear leaving the mesh deformed.