Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-07-2006 , 01:37 AM

Texture rendering problem

Hey guys,

I have a slight problem and I have no idea how to fix it. I have an F-16 jet here ready to rotate 360 degrees. Well the texture map looks fine, but when I try to rotate the jet, the texture map gets all messed up like the picture below.

Any ideas?

Attached Images
# 2 20-07-2006 , 01:38 AM
Messed up image

Attached Images
# 3 20-07-2006 , 02:14 AM
you've gotta parent the texture placement node to the object cause it's staying still while your textured object is moving.

Accept no substitutions.
# 4 20-07-2006 , 02:15 AM
Ok great. What is the best way to parent the texture placement? I am not familiar with how to do that?

I really appreciate your help!

# 5 20-07-2006 , 04:46 AM
well it kinda depends on how you chose your texture to be attached to your material.

if when choosing the file or procedural method you chose 'as normal' then it should kinda take care of that for you. (that's my way of saying if you chose 'as normal' and it doesn't follow your object around then i have no idea. user added image)

if you chose 'as projection' then select the texture placement node (should be a darker green rectangle with a line coming out perpendicularly pointing towards the object), shift click the object (your jet), hit 'p' (hotkey for edit>parent) and that should do it for ya.

oh and for 'as stencil' i've never used it, sorry. *shrug*

Accept no substitutions.
# 6 20-07-2006 , 04:36 PM
Ok, well here is what the graphed network looks like. I did a uv map and then applied the texture to the image. I am not sure if this will help. Thank you again for your help.

Attached Images
# 7 20-07-2006 , 05:55 PM
If you have a UV snapshot that you painted over in PS...then you can just make a lambert color, apply the file as the color and assign it to your model, you dont even need to do a 2d texture or projection...that will simplify a lot.

# 8 20-07-2006 , 06:35 PM
yea. what he said.

Accept no substitutions.
# 9 21-07-2006 , 03:34 PM
Thanks so much guys for your help. I tried what you said and it still was messing up, so what I did was just deleted the history and then it worked fine. I am not sure how, but it did.

Thanks so much again for all of your help and suggestions guys.