Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-01-2007 , 08:41 AM
Subscriber

MEL icons to shelf ???

this is very lazy, but can someone tell me how to get custom icons for my mel scripts onto the custom shelp, I have mel scripts there but they all say 'MEL'?? I want icons so I know which is which.

thanks

I mean can i be told in just a few words or is it a job for the help files (I hate reading off the computer)

take it easy and life will be easy
# 2 22-01-2007 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
Nah, it's easy.

You've just gotta use bmp or xbm(?) files, 32x32 rgb colour.

I put all mine into the MyDocuments\maya\7.0\prefs\icons directory, since it helps make all your personal setting nice and portable - easy to take elsewhere to someone else's pc.

Then it's just a matter of going into Windows->Settings/Preferences->Shelves. Select the script, hit the change icon button and find where you put em all.

Here's the only 3 I bother with. The Xray two are just resized screen shots of a panel window. The third one's used to make sure the seam of a model sits on the Xaxis - great for mirroring... Dead basic one liner, but so much quicker than fiddling about.

S.

Attached Files
File Type: zip iconsandscripts.zip (4.6 KB, 256 views)