Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 07-10-2009 , 02:51 PM

global control...easy problem??

I have parent and scale constrained all the groups (Control Curves, IK, FK curves, clusters, root skeleton) to a Global Control Curve at the characters feet. But when I move or scale it the whole charactr comes apart. I know I've seen this one before but I can't remember the way to get him to parent and scale with the global control properly.

Could anyone please remind me? Do hope so.

Many thanks,,
Stretch

vay kind of you.
# 2 08-10-2009 , 08:31 PM
Subscriber
how is your parent control curve hooked up?

i think if you parent constraint all the other control curves to it you should be able to move the global, and the other curves will follow taking the model along with them

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 08-10-2009 , 10:49 PM

indeed!

Thanks. Strangely, the Digital Tutors character rigging DVD tells us to only scale constrain everything but the Control Curves group. But indeed adding the parent constraint and now everything goes ike it should.

My thank yous to you, Sir.

stretch

vay kind of you.