Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-07-2017 , 11:02 AM

MASH Falloff Bug?

Hello,

I have used MASH to scatter grass across a plane in Maya 2016 Ext 2 and its been working great.

However I now need to add additional Falloff Objects to the visibility node however the Falloff Menu inside the Attribute Editor won't open. It doesn't seem to be affecting any other nodes as their Falloff Menu are acting fine and when I create a new vis node it won't show me the Falloff Object menu.

user added image

There is no error given and the script editor isn't saying anything.
The scene renders fine and the grass is interacting with the current Falloff Objects correctly.

I have come across this before but a simple restart of Maya has fixed it but not this time.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
I could just make a new MASH network but that isn't really fixing the problem.

Thanks,

# 2 05-07-2017 , 04:07 PM
Quick Update:

The Vis Node has disappeared entirely so I made a new one and re-connected my falloff objects and everything is fine now.
I guess the solution to this problem is to just do it again....

# 3 06-07-2017 , 08:57 AM
Another Update:

The same thing has happened again on the New Vis Node. Except this time it's giving me this Error:

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016.5/plug-ins/MASH/scripts/MASHfalloffButtons.mel line 22: AttributeError: file ]C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016.5\plug-ins\MASH\scripts\MASHlistQtWidget.py line 128: 'MASH_QListWidgetExtend' object has no attribute 'iconsPath' #

Does anyone have any experience with MASH?