Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-03-2004 , 03:01 PM

Multiple Computers?

Is it possible to set up more than one computer to help with the rendering process of complicated scenes? I have a P4 3.2 Extreme processor with 4 GB's of mem. I've recently rendered a scene that took over 4 hours on this incredible computer. I have three other computers that are very good as well. Can I network them by mapping a drive in xp and using the batch render? I there anywhere I can find a detailed instuction of how to do this?
Thanks for your help

# 2 16-03-2004 , 03:25 PM
Subscriber
yes you can do it with the Maya software renderer. If you want to do this with Mental Ray you must buy standalone lic. The setup is not suppost to be difficult but I have never tried it.

# 3 16-03-2004 , 03:40 PM
Their are 2nd party programs that do this. Muster,Spider and a few otthers that are free when using a couple of machines..

# 4 16-03-2004 , 05:05 PM
Subscriber
you will still have to install maya on all the machines and setup a aw.dat file with the client name in it for the flex lm directory.