Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-10-2003 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber

need help and suggestions.

Hi im working on this handgun but I really dont know how i should start by making the handle. The top part of the gun seems easy but the handle part is a little tricky. how would you go in making the handle ? For example if you were to make this handgun how would you start on the handle ? thanks any suggestions would be great and thanks for your help

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-10-2003 , 11:05 PM
The Maya Mountain
Have reference images? If not, they'd definitely help.

# 3 12-10-2003 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
yeah i do but only for the side , but after all that im still having trouble with the handle heh. how would you do it ? with a cube or create polygon tool or something else ? thanks

# 4 13-10-2003 , 11:02 AM
When I create a pistol grip I use a cylinder with a lot of sides, around 20. Then using the top view select the 3 vertices on the right side and scale them or snap them flat, then do the same on the other side. Then grab those 6 vertices (3 each side) and scale them in toward the centre. Then grab the 6 vertices with the 4 next to them, and scale them in again. Do it smoothly and you end up with a rounded yet chunky grip. Either scale or extruded it vertically and pull the vertices around each side to get them to fit the contours of your referance piciture. When you get to the bottom, extruded a slight amount and scale the face inwards to give a rounded bottom to the grip.