Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-03-2011 , 11:33 PM

ocean help

is there anyway to make a legit crashing wave like u would find on the beach like shore break.? or waves to animate a surfer? i've tweaked with lots of the ocean attributes and none seem to do what i want..

# 2 10-03-2011 , 11:41 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
The ocean shader is based on displacementshaders, so that probably wont work, you could try Ncloth turn on liquid simulation and emit particles for the splashing water ( I am no expert in dynamics though so better wait for a better reply user added image )

# 3 11-03-2011 , 12:44 AM
EduSciVis-er
In my experience, water interacting with land is often the crummiest looking parts of movies with Vis FX. So... it must be hard is what I'm saying.

# 4 17-03-2011 , 10:43 PM
soo no real easy way of making a wave crashing on a beach or just a wave breaking out in the ocean like u would find at a beach??

# 5 17-03-2011 , 11:06 PM
EduSciVis-er
Short answer, no, there's no real easy way to do this that I know of. You could check out realflow, which is designed for things such as this, but it costs a fair bit.

# 6 17-03-2011 , 11:11 PM
ya im trying to get my teacher to buy it for our class but we just got the licenses for photoshop cs5 and maya 2012 and other programs soo idkk