Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-03-2011 , 07:24 AM

Exporting vertex coloring

Can you export vertex coloring (with the mesh) from maya to .obj or max?

Thanks.

# 2 15-03-2011 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 3 15-03-2011 , 10:19 PM
The thin red line
Chrirone is wright but you still could use the texture all you have to do is find were it is stored I think?........dave

# 4 16-03-2011 , 05:31 PM
Vertex maps arn't stored as textures but as vectors assigned to the vertex numbers on the geometry, you could probably script something that does this relatively simply but seems a bit of an over kill. Does fbx not support this ?

If its stored in an fbx that might work, if not its possible to convert vertex maps to file textures that can be read into other scenes. Max might have something that can take a file texture and turn it into a vertex map, as long as you can get the file out from maya (i've only ever used it in the n cloth context, its in the nMesh menu I think).

FX supervisor - double negative

Last edited by LauriePriest; 16-03-2011 at 05:45 PM.
# 5 16-03-2011 , 09:45 PM
The thin red line

Vertex maps arn't stored as textures but as vectors assigned to the vertex numbers on the geometry, you could probably script something that does this relatively simply but seems a bit of an over kill. Does fbx not support this ?

If its stored in an fbx that might work, if not its possible to convert vertex maps to file textures that can be read into other scenes. Max might have something that can take a file texture and turn it into a vertex map, as long as you can get the file out from maya (i've only ever used it in the n cloth context, its in the nMesh menu I think).

I like to learn some thing new I think I just have.............dave