Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-01-2008 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber

Flair Aimation - Number 6

Hey guys my next project.... im still doing the dragoin if your wondering but i want to get another 1 underway because i promised my bro i would do this.....

OK so what it is! Flair Bartending... Cocktail barmen... Guys who chuck bottles about for a living and make fancy drinks. My bro wanted me to make an animation of a flair monster, so its adapted and evolved into a flair alien which will be part of a flair competition against a bad ass robot. Its going to be cartoony. i dont have a scanner so cant get in any of my drawings so im having to do this from eye. Will post a pic of progress soon but i already have a Q....

Ive got the head and torso almost done on the robot but i want to do some sort of armor plating should this be extruded out of the leg? or should i make the plating and then just have it linked to the arm.... ive not done any animation with complex objects so im not sure what is best i just dont want the arm to move and it to come out of the plating... if that makes any sense. lol

Thanks

Tom

# 2 01-01-2008 , 08:52 PM
Doesn't really matter...usually if it's a separate part in the real world, model it as a separate part. If you model it separately it'll be easier to apply different materials. Animation wise it won't be any big difference.

# 3 24-01-2008 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber
Ok my laptop has died ive lost everything.... which sucks but oh well time to start from scratch probably start something new, will create a new thread with all my new stuff in as soon as i have a comp that will cope with maya as my mac hates it.