Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-07-2008 , 09:19 PM

Rig and BlendShapes problem

I have my Character all rigged, skin binded and done the blendshapes aswell.
But if I use a blendshape my rig stops affecting my character and the joints will just move straight out of the skin. If I haven't applied any blends the characters rig works just fine.
Anyone know what this could be to do with?

Thank you

# 2 13-07-2008 , 02:36 AM
I don't have Maya open so this may not be totally accurate.

I think the problem is that Maya is solving these in the wrong order. Right click on your character, the choose "All input Connections" or something similar. Here you will have a list of all the things inputting to your mesh, the smooth skin's cluster, the blend shapes, anything else you may have made in terms of deformers.

What you need to do is have (I think) the blend shapes as low down the list as possible, certainly below the smooth skin cluster. If not, try above. Once it's in the right place though it should solve your problem instantly.

cheers

gubar

# 3 13-07-2008 , 10:35 PM
Awesome, thanks so much :attn: