Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 13-11-2003 , 08:23 AM
The Maya Mountain
Hey, Brian, I know what you mean. I've moved to Austin in the last 6 months and still can't find my way around this crazy town. :p

# 17 13-11-2003 , 08:32 AM
bah. u guys just arent good with directions. its easy. streets are usually laid out in grids and run north to south, avenues run east to west. So, if you're crossing streets then you're going east or west. Easy. (my dad's a mailman)

I went to San Antonio and could find my way around easy there. San Diego was a snap as well. I dunno... I've always been good with directions. (Used to drive 18 wheelers, believe it or not). I once drove the entire state of Florida from Homestead to Tallahassee and back in about 15 hours. Wooo, those trucks could fly! user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 18 13-11-2003 , 08:46 AM
The Maya Mountain
well, where I'm from, you take a road to get somewhere, you can take that SAME road to get back. A novel concept, I know, but apparantly, not very common. :p

# 19 13-11-2003 , 05:07 PM
Yeah, but what if you take a road to get somewhere, when you take the same road to get back it doesn't take you back, but to a third dimension or something? huh? What then? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 20 19-11-2003 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
That's a glitch in the Matrix.

# 21 19-11-2003 , 06:03 AM
hahahah yes.

As sheltered as it sounds, i've lived in the same town for 10 years. I've watched it grown. And its now to big for its borders. To many people, not enough room for stores ect.

once i get a good job, im heading out. But i want to go the the city.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 22 21-11-2003 , 08:54 PM
I live in San Antonio... I have to say the road system can be REALLY confusing... BTW Mike how's Austin? me family is considering moving there... only 80 minutes away, more music, Etc.

# 23 21-11-2003 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
YOu luckys!!! I live in Massachussets, where EVERY fregging road except like 2 evolved slowly from old cowpaths, to dirtroads in the colonial times to what we have now. Looking at a map here is like lookin a plate of spahgetti! Not to mention the drivers in massachussetts are well know to be huge @$$H()|_|_E$. Don't beleive me? Go glance at a map of boston on mapquest. And ontop of that because of the "BIG DIG" bostons roads actually change day to day and its impossible to get around! Ack i hate it. At least i live 20 miles west. But its still a plate of spahgetti........

Good to hear you love the new job brian! I like the new pad!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 24 22-11-2003 , 12:01 AM
The Maya Mountain
Hey, CJ.

Austin's pretty cool, although admittedly I've not really had much opportunity to really take advantage of the cultural variety that is around. I do like the fact that the really rare movies do get played here in local art houses and stuff, like Bubba Ho-Tep (awesome flick! user added image).

# 25 23-11-2003 , 01:00 AM
heyguys. detroit isn't bad. Actually, I live about 35 min outside of detroit. all the roads are like grids. so, there all pretty strait. but its a little borring because everything is so flat here. this was the first time I moved out of St. louis so its a little hard getting used to it. but its not to bad.

Brian

Please check
My (old) website!