Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-01-2015 , 06:17 PM

Workflow of Character Building

I wanted to know the "right"? way/order to model, cloth, rig, animate a character.

i.e. Is it: Model character, make cloths/hair (and attach?), facial joints/blend shapes, textures, rigging/bind skin, paint weights, etc. I want to make sure I follow the right sequence to avoid deformations and also for efficiency.

Thanks, Chel3
user added image

# 2 04-02-2015 , 09:59 PM
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.

# 3 28-02-2015 , 08:21 PM

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.

Hi Orv510, I appreciate the video link, it has some good stuff in it. However, it didn't have any of the info I was looking for in modeling a character, rigging it and animating. I find most tutorials show the first part, but leave you hanging cause they assume you know the next obvious step. It's only obvious after you've done it. lol
Thanks

# 4 03-03-2015 , 06:44 AM
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????

# 5 12-03-2015 , 04:19 PM

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????

Huh - What?

# 6 03-04-2015 , 01:48 PM
HI,

a friend has asked me for some help in building a render farm of about 3 to 5 units to cater to 5 work stations.. Can anyone help me pls? any suggestions?

Thanks!

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest https://e-six-sigma.net and best quality caltech.edu and Southern California University of Health Sciences
# 7 05-04-2015 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
First model, then uv's, then textures, then cloth modelled and turned into ncloth, then hair with nurbs curves converted to hair, then rig and lastly animate

# 8 05-04-2015 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Oh, and you can do the blend shapes before the rig