Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 08-04-2016 , 01:42 PM

Missing mia-materials. Any idea?

Hello,
i´m facing a problem with the mental ray plugin and already asked for help in different forums.
Maybe you can help?!

I´ve installed mental ray (and yeah, it´s "loaded") but there are no presets for mia_materials. Simply missing.

Attribute Editor -> Presets -> mia_material_x# Should be the right tab. When i click on "Presets*" it only offers "Save mia_..." and "Edit Presets".
Searched online for hours without any success. Already reinstalled Maya and Mental Ray plugin.

My involved folders:

- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\mentalrayForMaya2016
- C:\Users\Username\Documents\maya

All material scripts are in the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\mentalrayForMaya2016\presets\attrPr esets\mia_material_x" folder.

Example SS: https://snag.gy/IFPEN.jpg

How can i import them? | Do i need to load another plugin? | Are there differnt versions of mental ray?

Any idea what may cause the problem?

Thanks for reading!