Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-05-2003 , 09:08 AM

Render all

Hey Guys, my second post in this forum! user added image
I´ve got a scene, which includes Emitter. Now, i want to render it as an animation, with those emitters spraying. My problem is, that I just don´t know how...
Really, I feel like a big dumbass because of that, but always when I do the Batch Render it only shows me the Texture, Shadow, etc.. So, how to render just all of it?

Just to let you know: I departed my manual... user added image

Add me please
(I want to improve both english AND 3d skills)
MSN: Bryce5@gmx.net
# 2 25-05-2003 , 10:57 AM
Subscriber
just an idea - but are you sure you changed the type of the particles to software (s/w) - as the others wont be able to render in software.

# 3 25-05-2003 , 11:20 AM
No, I´m sure I did not. But could you tell me where I can? *feels like an idiot*
And, write in 2 languages, so I can better understand you! user added image

Add me please
# 4 25-05-2003 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber
select the particles and than go to your attrubute editor

scroll down to render type

check what your render type is set to in the small drop down menu.

Anything with a s/w at the end can be done in the Maya software render.

All the others are hardware render, so you must use the render buffer or Hardware renderer in Maya 5.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 25-05-2003 , 04:41 PM
Okay, thx!
So, (because I have Maya 4.5) it means I can´t do some of the particle effects... Oh... user added image
Thanks for help!

Add me please
# 6 25-05-2003 , 08:28 PM
No, this is the way it is for Maya in generaluser added image

All roach105 is saying is that if you wanna render in your regular Maya render view, ( this is known as the software renderer), you have to choose a particle render type that has the little S/W after the name.

All others need to be rendered via the Hardware Render Buffer.

Check the docs for rendering certain particle types by looking in the RENDERING and also the DYNAMICS sections of the docsuser added image

It will explain all thereuser added image Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 25-05-2003 , 09:43 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Bryce
No, I´m sure I did not. But could you tell me where I can? *feels like an idiot*
And, write in 2 languages, so I can better understand you! user added image

i can try that - did not notice you are from germany as well. to be honest, if i write something in german, it sounds awefull. i think i am not practicing enough german no more - i will be immigrating to the usa next month (if there wont be a delay from the consulate). i am no expert in particles - it was just a guess as i had the same problem once. and i am glad the other posts could explain the thing better then i could have.

and just for the heck of it - something in foreign language (basically what i said above with some comments) :

ich kann versuchen zweisprachig zu antworten, aber erwarte keine wunder auf deutsch. in letzter zeit hab ich viel zu wenig mit deutsch zu tun, weil ich naechsten monat auswandere und in die staaten einwandere. naja, falls nix dazwischen kommt. von den anderen antworten solltest du genuegend verstanden haben um nachzusehen ob es der fehler mit partikel typ war. ich hielt das s/w erst fuer schwarz/weiss - haeh? *kopfkratz* - nene - muss was anderes sein - also handbuch fragen.

# 8 25-05-2003 , 09:57 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
ich kann versuchen zweisprachig zu antworten, aber erwarte keine wunder auf deutsch. in letzter zeit hab ich viel zu wenig mit deutsch zu tun, weil ich naechsten monat auswandere und in die staaten einwandere. naja, falls nix dazwischen kommt. von den anderen antworten solltest du genuegend verstanden haben um nachzusehen ob es der fehler mit partikel typ war. ich hielt das s/w erst fuer schwarz/weiss - haeh? *kopfkratz* - nene - muss was anderes sein - also handbuch fragen.

Interesting............user added image user added image user added image

- TwEeK
# 9 25-05-2003 , 10:27 PM
Cooluser added image

I wish I knew another language...

Anyhoo, Hey Babyduck! WHere are you going to be living in the us?

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 10 25-05-2003 , 10:37 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ragecgi
Cooluser added image

I wish I knew another language...

Anyhoo, Hey Babyduck! WHere are you going to be living in the us?

i am going to be in northern ohio in williams county. not much computer companies there - but hey - it is more important to me to be with my future wife (right now fiancee) than to have to relocate. and i lost my attitude to have a really good paid job as first priority. love has strange powers - one thing is that i will break up my computer science study here to be with my sweetie. but i will keep 3d as a hobby - and no longer as preparation for a job. i had really low chances anyway as i dont have any traditional art skills.

thanks for asking user added image

# 11 25-05-2003 , 10:41 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ^^TwEeK^^
Interesting............user added image user added image user added image

sorry did not mean to confuse you. i said in the sentence just before talking in german that it is basically what i said above with some comments. you want me to translate it again to english? i actually translated it once to german from my paragraph in english. and believe it or not, but translating to german was not that easy. i never thought the words in german before i translated them - so it was like translating into a foreign language before you learned to actually think in that language.

# 12 25-05-2003 , 10:59 PM
i know exactly what you mean ....
its the same for me with english and hebrew user added image

- TwEeK

Last edited by ^^TwEeK^^; 26-05-2003 at 12:57 AM.
# 13 26-05-2003 , 12:56 AM
Dejen la habladera en otro idioma. user added image
¿Estamos claros?

# 14 26-05-2003 , 01:52 AM
hay adl...is that Spanish. I learned spanish for 3 years in school...can hardly remember a word now, well...maybe a few.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 15 26-05-2003 , 09:26 AM
ooh cool, i leant german for 5 years, i managed to understand .. most of what ya said back there (although i was not v good at it at all) its great to see we have people from all around the world here.

FX supervisor - double negative