Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-01-2011 , 05:33 PM
SM Tea Boy

Lazy people, yes I'm looking at you!

Most of us are here to learn more about Maya, one of the best ways to do this is to take part in one of the challenges here on the site. You'll get lots of feedback on your work and as usual at SimplyMaya it's not about being able to produce stunning work, it's about giving it ago.

So why not give it ago? Don't worry if you think your end result won't be fantastic, you'll get some good tips and advice and you will learn something which is why we're all hear in the first place. Hell i'm even giving away my own money to the winner user added image

https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34886 <- Take part or I shoot the kitten.

David user added image

Attached Images

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 04-01-2011 , 07:22 PM
LMAO! Take part or the kitty dies!

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 04-01-2011 at 09:23 PM.
# 3 04-01-2011 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
I like dogs more, haha.
I'm still considering if I should give my current project a break and give the challenge a try, but first I need to back up my computer because it sounds like it's going to die soon. So hopefully I'll be able to by this weekend.

# 4 04-01-2011 , 09:11 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
haha relax David give guys some time to get over the holidays im sur the challenge will pick up after afew more days

# 5 04-01-2011 , 09:12 PM
Lifetime Member
hmmmm choices choices LMFAO

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 04-01-2011 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber

haha relax David give guys some time to get over the holidays im sur the challenge will pick up after afew more days

Yeah David, I'm still working off my holiday hangover. hahah

# 7 04-01-2011 , 10:39 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

I like dogs more, haha.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Just don't put it in a bin afterwards, that'll really annoy everyone.

# 8 04-01-2011 , 11:18 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Its now tuesday, if you havent taken part you are either in a coma from an awsome new years party or as David says are one of the lazy people, my guess is the latter.

Cheers
Jay

# 9 04-01-2011 , 11:45 PM
Lifetime Member
tut tut....assumption is the mother of all f***ups...he he he he...oh and work might get in the way...

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 10 05-01-2011 , 01:17 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
You're right, I know I'm lazy. Not too sure how to beat it sometimes. I've entered a few comps around here and have never finished one, well except for the Minotaur one, which was mutually agreed to be ended due to shared circumstances.

It seems that even with work I have enough time to browse around and look at other peoples work... should probably start working on my own. But as the holidays have just ended, and a alcohol educed hangover isn't the only "Hangover" I'm trying to work off... I've been cutting myself a bit of slack.

...excuses lol

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 11 05-01-2011 , 04:34 AM
I wish i could take part but too busy in preparing my showreel. Badly in need of a job right now.

# 12 05-01-2011 , 08:03 AM
Bullet: LOL no assumptions mate, LOL Mayaniac came clean.....he wins the challenge for honesty LOL

Jay

# 13 05-01-2011 , 09:55 AM
Lifetime Member
well you are an incorrigable lad Jay...sigh...between Ramsay, Essantial lighting, Tie-Fighter, work and home....I just really dont know where to fit you all....bahahahahah c'mon finish the line Jay..he he he he

Mate I really dont know how to do it anyways...I will just watch...I have NEVER even visited composition yet dude...really I havent so I wouldnt know where to start...I have seen some things etc but Im not sure? I can Google..Im good at that I suppose...

Bugger you steve and your honesty!! talk about favourtism!!! bahahahah joking man

cheers bullet

I think Perfecto has the jump...and besides I want to see what happens to the cat...I hate cats...

bullet1968

# 14 05-01-2011 , 01:47 PM
LOL cool mate, go on you know you wanna join in

J

# 15 14-01-2011 , 07:04 PM
Subscriber
Hey...I'm not..ok well i am..But I'd taken part in this one by now, if it wasn't for the fact i'd planned on already being involved in a challenge on the side with Mrs. " Post Placement Nazi" over there at David's House LoL. Though i reckon I might just jump on board anyway. even if i don't finish it could be fun to start on it.

G-man