Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-01-2004 , 11:15 PM

A quick Hi, and an Anti-Aliasing Question

Hello! My name is Derek aka e-volve and I've been using Maya for about 2 years both professionally and for fun. I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum user added image

Feel free to visit my website at the following url: https://e-volve.ca

One question I have is the following:

Is there any way to completely DISABLE anti-aliasing in Maya 5.1? I've been making some graphics for animated sequences with the background set to magenta (R255 G0 B255) so that it can act as a layer mask. Unfortunately, I've noticed that even at the lowest quality with the fewest samples, Maya still insists on doing a little antialiasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Derek

# 2 26-01-2004 , 11:31 PM
hallo and welcome - nice model on your site

# 3 26-01-2004 , 11:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, well, if you look in an object's attributes, under Render Stats, there's a section called Geometry Anti-Aliasing Override. The lowest setting you can give it is 1. Not sure if that gives you the results you want or not.

# 4 27-01-2004 , 05:54 AM
Akai> Thanks for the welcome user added image

mtmckinley> I've tried using the lowest settings on the render globals as well as in the overrides... to no avail. there is still a fine line of pixels that are partially anti-aliased... it's very odd how such a complete package can overlook something so trivial...

Anyhow, thanks for the help, though if anyone else has an answer, I'm all ears!

- D