Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 13-08-2008 , 12:43 AM
19 year Veteran
You have got some serious skill of your making a PC from scratch. Just curious, what are you planning to do with it besides hooking it up to the net?

# 17 13-08-2008 , 01:00 AM
wow your nintendo 64 rolls over when it's powered on? i could only get mine to sit and shake...

Accept no substitutions.
# 18 13-08-2008 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber
...mine only learnt to play dead...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 19 13-08-2008 , 01:09 AM
(thought about saying that, but mine still works lol)

Accept no substitutions.
# 20 13-08-2008 , 01:11 AM
@ THX1138

lol, actually I have very little idea what I'm doing. I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, I'm building it for fun mostly. As for it being connected to the net, I actually think it is unlikely that is going to happen, it probaly won't be fast enough. If you went to link on my first post, that site is about someone else, not me, who built his own computer. user added image

@ NeoStrider

Actually I don't have Nintendo 64... but the Nintendo 64 uses a "MIPS" processor... I thought about calling it "FLOPS". The joke is that MIPS = millions of instructions per second, FLOPS = floating point operations per second, the opposite of MIPS, but its also a play on the word flops over dead! user added image

Yeah, it was kind of lame... :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 21 13-08-2008 , 01:13 AM
Subscriber
i was half right?

can i have half the cookie?

:p

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 22 13-08-2008 , 01:42 AM
oh no i got it, i just didn't want a cookie user added image

Accept no substitutions.
# 23 13-08-2008 , 01:54 AM
@ Chirone, yeah, you were half right!

Cookies for everyone, yay! :p

Maybe someone should make a suggestion to the moderators about having a smilie handing out a cookie? user added image

(hope no one actually thought I was handing out real cookies, its kinda hard to do that over the net)

# 24 13-08-2008 , 02:05 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by The Architect
(hope no one actually thought I was handing out real cookies, its kinda hard to do that over the net)

BWAHAHA, if you were then you'd have to send it via air mail :p

it would freeze en route to anywhere... it's cold up there in the luggage compartments of the planes

# 25 13-08-2008 , 02:29 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
BWAHAHA, if you were then you'd have to send it via air mail :p

it would freeze en route to anywhere... it's cold up there in the luggage compartments of the planes

lol!

mmm... frozen cookie!

Speaking of cookies makes me want some now! :p

# 26 13-08-2008 , 10:47 AM
19 year Veteran

The Architect: Wrote

lol, actually I have very little idea what I'm doing. I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for, I'm building it for fun mostly. As for it being connected to the net, I actually think it is unlikely that is going to happen, it probaly won't be fast enough. If you went to link on my first post, that site is about someone else, not me, who built his own computer.

I did check out the link before I made my post. I thought you were going to do the same thing as the guy did in the link.

But anyway, good luck on your project. I hope everything goes well for you. user added image

# 27 13-08-2008 , 11:04 PM

Originally posted by THX1138
I did check out the link before I made my post. I thought you were going to do the same thing as the guy did in the link.

But anyway, good luck on your project. I hope everything goes well for you. user added image

Nah, mine one will probaly be too slow. His is 16-bit, mine is going to be 64-bit, which means that there will be more chips, more space, more wires and ultimately, more distance between the all the compoenents, therefore slowing down the MHz. In fact, if the thing gets too big, it might be clocked under 1 MHz! :p

And thanks for wishing me luck, I think I'm gonna need it. user added image

Update: I got my 4-bit adder chips today and found out I ordered two times more than I need... Turns out that 64 divided by 4 is not 32! :p

Started soldering too and in five hours, I got 18 wires done! Only took so long becuase I connected the wires incorrectly three times. :headbang:

Only 250+ wires left... At this rate (18 a day) it will take a fortnight...

I want Acid's pet monkey to be trained in the art of soldering so he can help me with this... :p

# 28 14-08-2008 , 12:13 AM
Acid44
dont bring me and little acid into your crazy mad scientist world!

good luck with this anyways, you should put it in wip and post some pics user added image

# 29 14-08-2008 , 08:33 PM
I should put up some pics... might take a few months for the first ones to appear - gotta make my creation more "presentable". user added image

# 30 14-08-2008 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
poopie, screw presentation!
there is art even in mess!! user added image