Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-07-2013 , 02:56 PM

Graph editor issues

A bit of a shot in the dark here, but I want to see if this is a common issue / something anyone's come across before.

Using a rig from a client, I'm not able to effectively change tangents. Sometimes, when I try to toggle, it changes the shape in the graph editor, but the animation remains unaffected.

Some of my spline tangents produce stepped animation, and vice versa.

When I do toggle them, I'm given this error:

// Warning: Cycle on 'costume0Shape1.worldMesh[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

My understanding is that this is a fairly common error which doesn't necessarily suggest a rig break, but it's hard to think it's not related.

It's a bit of an amorphous issue, so I'm hoping it's something someone's come across before - any advice is much appreciated.