Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 09-02-2015 , 09:03 PM

UV Texture Editor changes not appearing.

I'm new to Maya 2015 and just recently started working with texturing. What happens is when I create UVs for an object then manipulate those UVs in the UV Texture Editor nothing changes in the Viewport using Viewport 2.0 or Legacy High Quality. The only time I can see changes in the viewport is when using Legacy Default. Also when I render the scene no changes are made to the texture.

I am sure there is a simple step I have overlooked but I remain baffled.

Here is a screenshot:
Top left viewport is using Viewport 2.0, bottom left is Legacy Default.

user added image

# 2 09-02-2015 , 09:10 PM
EduSciVis-er
Check that you don't have multiple uv sets under UV Sets... and if so, try deleting the extra(s)

# 3 10-02-2015 , 05:13 AM
Nope, just the one.user added image

# 4 10-02-2015 , 09:00 AM
Lifetime Member
Have a look at lambert2. From your first screenshot it appears that you added the checker node as a projection.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 5 11-02-2015 , 04:44 AM

Have a look at lambert2. From your first screenshot it appears that you added the checker node as a projection.

Thank you kind sir. I knew it was something simple. user added image