Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 06-07-2005 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
There's a chatroom on this site... schedule a few meetings and see who "attends"

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 47 12-07-2005 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber

Anything??

Hello.

Is something happening with this filmproject? I have sent E-mails and i got replies but it has been a wile since i heard from anybody.

Anyway i think mhcannons idea is great but i don't know were this "chatroom" is??

regards

# 48 13-07-2005 , 08:58 AM
Hey Laddies!
I can help with concept sketches and character, scene design if I am not snowed under. I could do background matts too and I could help with creating Photoshop texture if someone else can mapp the uv's. I am still using an older verison of Maya and would not be much use in supplying Maya files. Any images are not a problem.

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 49 13-07-2005 , 09:59 AM
thats briliant, we have ourselves a photoshopper!
i have a feeling you'll come in very handy mate. Cheers for the post user added image

# 50 13-07-2005 , 04:56 PM
hi,
glad to see all those hopefull words and i'm having hand on experience in modelling and bg lighting handling with mental ray is also possible for me,and now i'm currently wirking in compositing dept so no problem for me in compositing also.
but before starting the prj we'll planned scripts story and then deadline for each artist.and then well furnished output should be given the originator of idea can mail me srignansis@yahoo.co.in.
so count me also.hi, :headbang:

# 51 14-07-2005 , 04:24 AM
Subscriber

Be Patient

Hi i am the one who started this tread I am happy to have someone who understands photoshop well that should come in handy. To everyone else showing interest sorry about the lack of contact I've been away for about a 10 days visiting the wives family in Mexico. I will look though the tread and try to contact the new people and send a follow up letter to everyone letting them know where we stand. Please be patient this will happen it will just take time. This is a bit of a weird way to try to do something like this. We will get this going we just have to keep a positive additude. I'm going to contact everyone bye mail and set up a chat somewhere. I like the idea of doing it here at SimplyMaya's chat. That should work well for everyone i hope. Just a bit or an update at this point i think 8 people have shown interest in this project. I think that is pretty good and I look forward to working with you all.

CDV
# 52 14-07-2005 , 12:44 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Yes, I'm lookin' forward to see us all workin' together.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 53 15-07-2005 , 07:48 PM
Subscriber
Funny...i was thinking about making a very small short film using Maya etc....I was inspired by some things I had read on a web site called https://www.fpsmagazine.com/ great just to keep up to date on the world of animation and whats happening and what people have accomplished.....

Anyway I had a simple story in mind .... one I thought as a newb I could handle....with limited knowledge in Maya, Photoshop, and After Effects.....Keeping the environment simple and the characters simple....of course getting it from my head to a text description is the hard part....I was going to attempt explanation when I saw your thread here.....if I can get it into words in a way that you can picture the concept I will...otherwise I look forward to hearing what you guys come up with.

# 54 18-07-2005 , 09:03 AM
great, now we have an animation studio...
SM Studio presents...user added image

# 55 18-07-2005 , 07:23 PM
Hey guysuser added image

This sounds like fun!

I would like to join in this short film. But I am working on that challenge at this time, but I can still help when I can. When the challenge is over I will have more timeuser added image

I use photoshop 7, maya 6.0, corel painter 8, vegas 4.0.

I'm also a 2d artist, so I could do some contcept of our ideas as welluser added image

vedic

# 56 19-07-2005 , 11:27 AM
Im in, im new into 3d so i can just provide with modeling characters.

# 57 20-07-2005 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

Chat Meeting

Hello

At this time i have heard back from everyone. Most of you are in the Eastern Time Zone or within an hour of it and few are way off of that. I hope that doesn't stop anyone from taking part in this experiment. Ok I was thinking that we could have are chat on the SimplyMaya chat. The time will be 9:30 Eastern Time or New York Time. The day will be Thursday July 21. The meeting will be just to start to get to know each other a bit and talk about what direction we all would like to go in. Also we can all talk about a good Chat time and day for the future. For the people who can't make the chat I will post all of the chat back at the Short Movie Thread so that everyone can know what went on, even if they couldn't take part in the chat. Any voting we do will be done on a voting thead that will be set up for each vote. That way if you can't make the chat you can still vote on how things happen and also there will be a record of how the voting went for everyone to see. I hope this is satisfactory to everyone. Any changes on how we can better do this can be discussed during out chat. Thanks and if you would, please send me back an email letting me know that you intend to take part in the chat Thursday. Thanks again!

Chris (Slatamilian)

If I have not heard from you but you would still like to take part in this send me an email so I can add you to our list. Contact me at slatamilian@yahoo.com

CDV
# 58 21-07-2005 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber
hi everyone, im in.
I have mailed u chris

# 59 21-07-2005 , 07:41 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Hey, will it be PM? If it's 9:30 AM, I lost it...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 60 22-07-2005 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber

Reschedule Chat

The scheduled chat for Thursday will now be rescheduled. Sorry for any problems. I was on at 9:30 and there was no one there or there was something wrong. I will do some more homework and set a new time, date and place for the chat we may move it to something like Yahoo chat. Sorry again for any misunderstanding.

CDV