Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-05-2003 , 07:35 PM

Error with Maya 5.0

Hi,

sorry to bother with another question after only a few hours... but I still have some doubts on the startup of Maya 5.0.

Whenever I start the program, just before the initialization process is completed, the following error message is displayed in the Command Feedback line, for less than a sec:

Error: Could not create command port : old-odxe7caj97o:7845

If then I open the Script Editor to display more of the history, I can check that this error message is located among the very first command lines, as follows:

file -f -new;
// Result: ./untitled //
docServer(1);
// Error: Could not create command port : old-odxe7caj97o:7845 //
// MayaLive version updateRendererUI;

Could someone please explain the reason for this error?

Still I do not understand why the Output Window shows up everytime I start Maya 5.0.

Thanks again for your help,
Avoosl

# 2 25-05-2003 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
not beeing able to open a port usually means you dont have the right to do so. maybe you have firewall software running - or you dont have a privileged account. other than that i dont know what exactly causes the problem within maya - i dont see that error when i boot up maya. maya should try to listen to that port - after i open maya this port is open.

and dont worry to bother too much - only because you are new to maya does not mean anybody here will rip of your head user added image

# 3 26-05-2003 , 10:25 AM
Thanks for your answer!

This morning I started Maya... I was not connected to the internet and I noticed that in this situation the error does not appear...

I couldn't check it better, but could it be that the error in question was caused by mIRC, which usually opens other ports and that I was using yesterday when the error message appeared in the Command Feedback line?

Anyway, does this represent a problem for the functionality of Maya? Why, however, Maya should be try to listen to that port?

Thanks again!

# 4 26-05-2003 , 10:51 AM
Subscriber
it should not represent a problem for the functionality of maya unless you try to network render. but dont ask me how that works, i dont know.