Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-09-2019 , 11:11 PM

Rendering polymesh from fluids for a newbie : such challenge

Hello (sorry if any english mistakes i m french speaking)
I am using Maya 2018 with both Arnold and Iray renderer and just starting learning basic effects (Nfluids Nparticles)

I dont know if its a problem english langage not well understood
but I cant pass this step...cause of rendering the fluids...I mean the polymesh exported.

I dont know or understand, once the fluid exported to a polymesh, what to do..(light sure but....
What kind of shader to put , how to set it up, to render I know how to make the render to be animated (let's say I would like to have a animation over 200 frames). And if there is something to keyframe .

I RTFM of maya..and cant get all the points and how in pratical way (nodes connexions/settings) how animations
colors, are passed to the polymesh and shader ..

If you can re-explain me the process or even giving me visual example of nodes or file examples as complement
it could help me more than so many confusing english sentences I found in the maya online doc or different threads (shading per vertex, color per vertex motion etc..)

My head is confused and explode , I always find 1st part of fuild making on youtube not the last part of shadering/rendering...quit upseting.

If it can help you to help me, I want to make a kind of yellow/gold fire smoke fluid (to make a kind of Halo) that I will use later on a animated characater (front of him..unless I use character mesh to be emitter itself)

tks for help

Edit:

Last edited by tiza; 22-09-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: I think I post in wrong forum please move if necessary