Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 07-10-2005 , 05:25 PM

Sept/Oct - Norm - ei8ht b8ll

Kinda like Jenovard, I also wanted to do a character from the Streets of Rage series. I am going to a modernized version of Blaze Fielding. The chic fighter that wore all red. Im starting up the sketches as of right now. and will begin modeling either tonight or tomorrow. We'll see heh.. My first time doing a 3d model for a contest lol. Wish me luck user added image

You shoulda just goudged his friggin eyeballs out. That woulda been funny!
# 2 07-10-2005 , 07:05 PM

Blaze from Streets of Rage II

This is the classic sega genesis game Streets of Rage II. Blaze is here in all red. I was playing the game over again the other day.. its still good... lol and still hard! My next post will be some drawings.

Attached Images

# 3 08-10-2005 , 05:50 AM
19 year Veteran
Best of luck to ya. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

# 4 09-10-2005 , 06:13 AM

update

Hey THX thanks a lot, I'm really lookin forward to this contest actually. Ok guys heres an update. I was looking at Blaze's character and decided that this chic needs a haircut. I decided to stay with her theme of red but also decided that her skimpy outfit has to go. So I researched lace tops from Victoria's Secret website. Found some good lookin clothing and decided to go from there. The shirt is going to be I think a silky red shirt with golden designs.. (Im thinkin the desings should be gold but then Im not sure, ill figure that out with when I do textures. Then I decided to go with some sexy highwater jeans. (i think thats what they are) Dark navy blue color. They are straight leg, hip hugging, boot cut at the bottom jeans.. simple, street, sexy.. I like it. And then her boots are like dress boots with the heels.. I got my drawings all laid out.. expect a post of the pictures Sunday afternoon becuase im going to buy a new scanner to scan these in. Im a day behind because of work.. dont you hate that? I wonder if I'm allowed to use Maya hair and fur? Does anyone know about that?

# 5 09-10-2005 , 02:44 PM
Ya you can use maya hair, fur, paint fx.. go for it user added image

peace,

mayafreak3

# 6 09-10-2005 , 09:56 PM

ok here we go

Ok sweet cuz I'm thinkin about using maya hair for her well... hair. Thanks for the update! Ok, got my new scanner and scanned these first thing. As I said, I was goin for more of a street look thats not skimpy or slutty or way too asian as some of the box arts for this game. I need to make a few adjustments to the head and face but a lot of those kinks I can actually work out while modeling in maya.

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 10-10-2005 , 01:58 AM

this is a start

Ok, Im starting off with just the head now. I plan on working on everything separate. For example, hair will be seperate and earrings will be separate. Not too sure but was considering modeling ears and lips seperate but thinking thats a bad idea. UnlessI modeling them separate, UV them, THEN attach them which will still keep the UV's in place. The mole on her face and the eyes WILL be seperate though. Any suggestions? Modeling suggestions? Im open ears user added image:nod:

Attached Thumbnails

# 8 10-10-2005 , 04:30 AM
hey ei8ht: looking good so far. I think you should model the lips and all that as one...it will make the textures blend easier i think, but its up to u. The earings separate.

The model is looking good so far...just dont add any more poly's until you are almost 100 percent sure you have the overall shape you want (save pushing pulling later on).

Nice work and good luck!

# 9 10-10-2005 , 04:41 AM
cool man thanks for the input. This is just a work in progress so far, but yes I completely agree with you, I shouldn't add any more polys until I have my overall shape laid out. Thats a really good point about modeling the lips and the UV's, I never even thought of that. Thanks man. user added image

# 10 10-10-2005 , 07:52 AM
Good start to the head. If you're planning on doing it realistic (not cartoony) then just be aware of the head dimensions (forehead, eye placement etc) as the eyes are looking a little high up at the moment. Saying that its very early so I might be jumping the gun user added image

Good luck user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 11 12-10-2005 , 05:31 AM
hey tick definately a good call on that one. Like you said, early in dev. Its going, slowly but surely.