Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 46 14-04-2004 , 02:05 AM
Glad you are enjoying it=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 47 14-04-2004 , 09:40 PM
Whooo I just got it in the mail about 5 mins ago...gonna go pop it in now....thanks guys!

*happy camper*

DSA

# 48 14-04-2004 , 09:58 PM
Hope you will enjoy it=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 49 15-04-2004 , 07:27 AM
Kevin
great stuff painterdan, let us know how you find it user added image

# 50 15-04-2004 , 07:56 PM
*sobs*

I got home and posted on here...then stuck it in my dvd player on my puter. All it does is spin really really fast...then stop. The it spins really really fast again...then stops. So I stuck it in my other drive to make sure I wasnt having a brain-fart and stuck it in the wrong one....the new drive just made weird noises. *sobs*

I stuck it in my playstation out in the living room and it worked perfectly...watched about an hour of it(was awesome)...went to try it in the puter as one last ditch effort....and....nothing *sobs*

from the hour of it that I watched in the living room it was pretty damn good...Kurt does an awesome job of taking you through the steps...and you make it extremely clear...doesnt breeze through things to fast...just wish it'd work on my puter user added image

# 51 15-04-2004 , 08:49 PM
Kevin
you need a dvd player on your puter mate

# 52 15-04-2004 , 09:06 PM
I do have a dvd player in my pc

I just checked to make sure my dvd player was working...popped in KillBill V1...it worked for that...

*shrugs* ???

# 53 15-04-2004 , 09:21 PM
Maybe its a codex thing.... Dave might have some ideas... glad you like the parts you where ableto see...

Hope we can figure it out...

# 54 15-04-2004 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
Differnent region mabe?

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 55 15-04-2004 , 10:57 PM
Kevin
its a region 0 which means all region playback

How old is your dvd player by any chance?

# 56 16-04-2004 , 06:45 AM
Lifetime Member
some DVD-ROM players do not like certain makes of disc...you should check the player manufacturers site for any software updates.
It also could be something as simple as cleaning the disc to get it to play.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 57 16-04-2004 , 07:02 AM
Mmm ya I tried it on my playstation..works...my sisters panasonic..works...dad's sony works...dad's sony in puter(bad puter wont even run Maya PLE) and it works...but my sony dvd player that I bought wont even work...so its just my dvd player...Im gonna go look to see if there are any updates or anything now...

# 58 17-04-2004 , 04:04 AM
I couldnt find anything...guess my dvd player is just stubborn.

In the beginning of the vid it shows Kurt using the planes then using the front/read and left/right sides of the character...then he goes on from there...

does the dvd include that file so we can create his same character...or it just an example...if its just an example and we have to supply our own...then I wont be bummed it doesnt work...

if I am excluded of the file...*fetal position and weeping* lol

# 59 17-04-2004 , 05:26 AM
I think the images are on the dvd.. once kev or dave see this they will let you know....

# 60 17-04-2004 , 06:06 AM
Subscriber
Have you tried opening the dvd in My Computer and moving all the divx files to your hard drive? Its one of the first things I do if I have movie files on a disc, so I'm not using the player all the time.