Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 23-03-2011 , 09:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
@bullet worth paying for I'd say, not a great movie but defiantly better on the big screen than the small.

Mindless action, but fun nonetheless.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 17 23-03-2011 , 09:31 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ah Battle LA, hahaha, I was so close to making the Aliens on that show but my supervisor wouldnt release me from Marmaduke LOL, theres an article on it over at cgs, the Alien tank featured was textured by my friend and lead texture artist here at Windmill, Leigh Russell. Apparantly he use one texture over the whole model LOL.

Last Movie I saw was Rango, totally top stuff and hoping to view again this weekend!!

Jay

# 18 23-03-2011 , 09:39 PM
SM Tea Boy
Funny I was also thinking of going to see Rango again user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 19 23-03-2011 , 09:42 PM
Lifetime Member
Yeh my 3 boys want to see Rango...might be an excuse to shove them in the door whilst preggo Jules and I hit BF L.A...thanks David...they kinda panned it here

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 20 23-03-2011 , 10:10 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Funny I was also thinking of going to see Rango again

Dave

ahaha simple minds think alike user added image

Jay

# 21 24-03-2011 , 11:55 AM
Banned
The last movie I watched was The Next three days and I watched it last weekend...

# 22 24-03-2011 , 09:39 PM
SM Tea Boy
Just saw Salt had to turn it off half way through. Just could not get into it user added image

Dave

# 23 24-03-2011 , 10:50 PM
Lifetime Member
I watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory the other night with my lads...(the original movie)....LOL they love it...6th time they have watched it I think!! Oh and Battle LA got shitcanned again this morn David...I would assume it will be for the visuals only now LOL....

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 24 24-03-2011 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
I saw "The air I breath" today - had it on DVD for about 2 years but never watched it - really good film, but hit home a little too much for me at the mo got me quite upset.

But a film with Kevin Bacon, Brendan Fraser, Andy Garcia, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Forest Whitaker had to be seen. And I loved the opening line

"I always wondered, when a butterfly leaves the safety of its cocoon, does it realize how beautiful it has become? Or does it still just see itself as a caterpillar?"

# 25 25-03-2011 , 07:35 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Just watched Rango really good movie and i absolutely love the lighting on this

# 26 26-03-2011 , 11:38 AM
Lifetime Member
Well I finally opened the Xmas present...Predators...hhmmmmmmI love Predator and the concept but this movie was pretty lame. It had a few good action moments (Yakuza and Predator) and I actually liked the big Russian chap...but f*****g hell...humans are cast as so damn dumb!!! First off the chick finally reveals thay see in infrared...but do they do anything about it...nnnnnoooooooooo. Then Fishburne (or whatever his name is) has a helmet with cloak...but do they use it......nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo....and then the bloody lovey dovey crap at the end...well that just ruined it totally man....sigh.

Not a patch on the original and scary?? NOT...even my kids came in and watched it, the cat watched it...the goldfish watched it....waste of $40

cheers bullet

P.S I actually enjoyed the extras...especially the art dept work...man what a job...I would give my lefty for a job like that!

bullet1968

# 27 26-03-2011 , 12:40 PM
Subscriber
I liked predators - but then I am one of the few people who think predator 2 was better than the first - simply because it explored the predator as a character more than the dumb humans it was hunting. And the Alien skull moment was priceless.
First off the chick finally reveals thay see in infrared
Err yer brodey covers himself in mud towards the end.
Then Fishburne has a helmet with cloak...but do they use it.
Thats because Fishborne has it when he traps them in the room.

Saw Limitless last night - really enjoyed it - if only it was not so predictable in places.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-03-2011 at 12:48 PM.
# 28 26-03-2011 , 11:53 PM
SM Tea Boy
Just saw The Warrior's Way. Ninja's, Cowboys and a Circus. Very odd movie got mixed reviews, but i thought it was great.

Very surreal.

Dave :L)

# 29 27-03-2011 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
Been having heaps of Movie Marathons at uni. Lots of B-Grade Cheese but its good fun! Best one so far was 'From Dusk Till Dawn', Rodrigez and Tarintino. Such a good film!
Saw Animal Kingdom and Alpha Dog last night. Those movies are intense!

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 30 27-03-2011 , 01:11 AM
Lifetime Member
I didnt see it in his hand tweety??? I will have to watch it again! Yeh they are dumb but...he does do the mud thing in the end...I will say the fire thing he did confusing the Predators infrared was cool. I thought #1 was the best for action/thrills.....#2 I didnt think was to flash..though like you the skull moment was awesome...he he he he

I thought #3 wasnt bad but I think they concentrated too much on the humans...there REALLY wasnt any depth to the Predator characters...only what Fishborne told them...in all could have been better

bullet1968