Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-01-2005 , 03:32 AM

maya schools

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask..but I wanted to know if anyone knew of any good online 3d animation schools (for maya!!!) that are offered in canada.....I live on a hill about 500 miles from civilization...so there are no animation schools anywhere near me...so online is pretty much my only option right?...I would appreciate any response and/or suggestions!..thanks!
TheAnswerRP03

ps- in the mean time, i've been learning from books...so I am not quite a beginner with maya

# 2 21-01-2005 , 05:50 AM
I swear when I was looking for schools I saw a canadian media arts one, I forget the name.
Umm.. online schools, hmm, I'd say Art Institutes but I think those are USA based, that may not work.

Check to see if Maya offers actual training courses, I know they've done it in the past, and I'm sure it's the definitive learning way.

Good luck.

# 3 21-01-2005 , 06:00 AM
Subscriber
Well, first off if you're looking for strictly on-line schools then you're not limited to Canada.

Also, are you looking for a diploma or certification or just simply advanced Maya training. Keep in mind that a diploma will require courses besides 3D, i.e. math science, etc. Certification or vocational degrees are usually tasked-based and focus on a specific job type. As for more advanced maya training you can find tutorials, CDs, and DVDs all over the web.

So which way do you want to go?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 21-01-2005 , 02:47 PM
Thanks for your responses!..I appreciate it!...personally..I would prefer just taking 3d classes (no math, physics, etc)...I've found one school in canada..which I don't know anything about..and was unable to find any information on (and they did not give me any either)..it's a centre of distance education...a 2 year program....as far as US online schools that offer schooling in canada..that would be really great...you guys have any recommendations?..thanks again..look forward to seeing your responses!
TheAnswer

# 5 21-01-2005 , 11:43 PM
Subscriber

# 6 26-01-2005 , 06:30 AM
Also there is "Expressions: Digital arts & Media".

# 7 28-01-2005 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber
There's also Full Sail Real World Education in Winter Park, Fl. I went there, it's a pretty decent school. It's an accellerated program like Expressions. If I remember correctly it's faster than Expressions.

John 'Zimm' Zimmermann
Setup Artist
https://johnzimmermann.com

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - A. Einstein
# 8 28-01-2005 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber
https://www.animationmentor.com/

Online animation school due to open soon. Although i'm not sure what the cost will be like as it has some pretty big names up there as far as tutors.

# 9 30-01-2005 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber

Last edited by mhcannon; 30-01-2005 at 06:10 PM.
# 10 30-01-2005 , 05:31 PM
cool...thanks a lot for all your responses!...I already got a few brochures in the mail!
TheAnswerRP03

# 11 30-01-2005 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
I know you were only looking for online schools, but I have to recommend the school I'm attending right now. In Vancouver, BC. I actually moved from Ontario out west, not to avoid the snow but for the Digital Animation program at Capilano College. I have to tell you, I've taken courses at Humber College, and IAOD. And outta both of those this class has taught me alot. If you have any questions about the course, price, etc.. let me know..

https://www.verticalincline.com