Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 02-02-2012 , 02:20 PM
Subscriber

Maya Version Used in Tutorials

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows what versions of maya are used in the following tutorials, im using 2012 and dont wanna struggle to find things the tutorial is asking for, thanks!

Tutorials are:

Haunted House - Cartoon Exterior in Maya

3D Exterior Set Design - Fantasy Landscape

The Oliphant Project

Thanks again, Tom

# 2 02-02-2012 , 04:51 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
TomNinetyTwo

I think these tutes are really modelling and texturing so it want really have that much impact on the version you are using...the odd thing may have changed but not so drastically that it will affect the project...you should be fine.

Jay

# 3 02-02-2012 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
Thank you user added image

# 4 02-02-2012 , 05:20 PM
Subscriber

# 5 03-02-2012 , 10:34 AM
Administrator
It's an error from when we changed the system a while back, sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. I just fixed it so the tutorial is now 20 points as it should be, let me know if you already downloaded it and I'll refund the extra points.

The Haunted House is a good place to start it's one of the older tutorials on the site but like Jay said for modeling and texturing not that much has changed, the only main differences is that the modeling menu set is now split into polygons and surfaces and edit polygon is renamed edit mesh but you'll find the same tools. In Maya 2012 they brought in a new tool called interactive split tool which replaces the split polygon tool used in the tutorial, the old tool is still there as well though so you can use either one to cut in edges.

# 6 03-02-2012 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber

It's an error from when we changed the system a while back, sorry about that and thanks for pointing it out. I just fixed it so the tutorial is now 20 points as it should be, let me know if you already downloaded it and I'll refund the extra points.

The Haunted House is a good place to start it's one of the older tutorials on the site but like Jay said for modeling and texturing not that much has changed, the only main differences is that the modeling menu set is now split into polygons and surfaces and edit polygon is renamed edit mesh but you'll find the same tools. In Maya 2012 they brought in a new tool called interactive split tool which replaces the split polygon tool used in the tutorial, the old tool is still there as well though so you can use either one to cut in edges.

I had already downloaded the first 7 for 14 points, iv just started on number 9 onwards so thanks for updating it, I think I need 7 points refunded, I started on 35 so should have 15 remaining if that helps, Tom

# 7 04-02-2012 , 11:06 AM
Administrator
I just added 7 points to your account, it was on 9 and it's now on 16. Hope you'll enjoy the tutorial and thanks for supporting SimplyMaya. Let us know if you get stuck on anything and we're here to help user added image

Nilla