Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-05-2004 , 02:55 AM

cant move an object once i connect dynamics to it!!!!

for some reason I cant move any object with the stylus once it has dynamics applied to it. I lost a hard disk and had to reinstall XP and maya, thats when it started. I dont know if i have a setting screwed up, or if the install went bad (i didnt recieve any errors).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!user added image

thanks.

# 2 24-05-2004 , 08:24 AM
if you look at the channel box translate and rotate values once you have applied dynamics to them you will see that they have changed colour and are basically locked. This means that you can't adjus them because they are being controlled by a simulation. If you want to move them about then group it to itself and move the group rather than the object.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 24-05-2004 , 09:50 AM
before your post, i got antsy So i reinstalled Maya and everything worked fine!