Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-07-2004 , 09:48 PM

PT_CRUSIER MR RENDER

Long time no see!!! Been busy at work, a lot of stuff has been going on lately, just got married user added image Anyways, one of my latest creations, model is a little rough, so the reflections are a little jaggy user added image Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!!
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 02-07-2004 , 01:05 AM
Congrats on your marriage!!user added image Your model looks awesome! Great job!! user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 3 02-07-2004 , 01:44 AM
Thanks MainlineX!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 02-07-2004 , 01:49 AM
Hey bro nice to see you haven't fallen off the face of the earth...Congrats on the wedding mate... best of luck to you and your new wife.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 5 02-07-2004 , 07:01 AM
Subscriber
yeah congrats on your wedding! new life, new goals, maybe new creations with maya in the future? user added image well, this PT simply rocks man! very nice! thumbs up user added image

# 6 02-07-2004 , 11:05 AM
Hey,

That model is sweet. Can you post wire?

How do you create the seams between panels? I guess you model the shape of the panel - ie the bulge by the wheel is a good example, and then you make the seams? I always have problems keeping the flowing shape when I try to do cars.

sj

# 7 02-07-2004 , 12:37 PM
My deepest sympathies on your lifetime verdict... err... I mean congrats on your marriage user added image

Great to hear from you. About the PT... It might be just the camera angle / focal length but to me it looks a tad wide and low. I might be just hallucinating since there's nothing to compare the size to...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 8 02-07-2004 , 02:42 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!! AWSOME JOB!!!! and also congrats on your new marriage!!!! I wish you guys both the best!!

-SuperDave71

"Yeah I want my Cheezy Poofs!"
# 9 02-07-2004 , 07:56 PM
AWESOME !!!

the only thing I don't like about the picture is the color of the car... black or dark blue would be better (in my opinion user added image )

anyway...good work!

# 10 02-07-2004 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber
ka-ching, looks sweet, except for one thing - i can't do it...

MURPH
# 11 02-07-2004 , 09:35 PM
Thanks for being supportive! Sorry its been a while, Thanks for the kind words on the wedding! K, I have the focal length set at 120! that’s why it looks so wide, this was Chrysler’s request. Take a look at the Sebring, pt, Stratus and neon virtual tours on

Dodge.com
and
Chrysler.com

I did all of these in Maya, including the interiors! I would like to here what you think. The modeling was a breeze. Chrysler provided insanely heavy and messy data. All I had to do was model on top of it. There data was not useable because it weighed in at about 7 million polys! Yikes. Anyways, take a look at the virtual tours, let me know what you think. Thanks again guys, I really want to start posting more again... I might be moving to London for two mo. in Aug. for a new opportunity . I will know next week.
Thanks again,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 02-07-2004 , 10:05 PM
19 year Veteran
Been A while since I commented on any work here. Fantastic work, looks like a photograph of the real thing! Congrats on the wedding!

# 13 02-07-2004 , 10:35 PM

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 02-07-2004 , 10:59 PM

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
K, I have the focal length set at 120! that’s why it looks so wide, this was Chrysler’s request.

That would do it user added image Great model anyway!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 15 03-07-2004 , 10:52 AM
wow very cool!! My mate's dad drives a PT Cruiser, the red one, not my car atall, infact I think it's damned ugly, but that render looks awesome! It's practically photorealistic!! Very cool