Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 30-01-2011 , 11:33 PM

January challenge Before and after - darecarce

Ok here I go on the last train user added image. I didn't have much time to work on these one but i did something in 3 hours entire process of modeling, texturing, rendering, and comp was a little bit over 3 hours. So here I go with the Images. I did simple model of a key simply because I have very slooooow and ooold PC at home ( looking forward to get new one soon) user added image so nothing special, just render out color pas and alpha for the key and AO pass and that was pretty mach it. The shader was simple blin material standard noting fancy about it. I tweak it too look like metal material and make spec and bump and reflection maps in Photoshop and just place them in the correct maya slot ant the shader was ready to goo. And yea I put mib_ambient occlusion node in to the ambient color and duplicate the color texture and place it in to the light color of the mib_ambient occlusion node and set the color gaint to slightly darker color. So yea that is about it. let me know what u think about it and I hope you like it. Cheers Darko.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 31-01-2011 , 03:46 PM
Any comments guys ?

# 3 31-01-2011 , 06:19 PM
The Nurb Herd
very nice man, well done for doing it in such a short time.
I would say that it perhaps looks like it is at the wrong angle. Like the geometry is not lined up properly. But that could just be me.
I find it very impressive you have taken a photo with what appears to be no shadows! user added image

# 4 31-01-2011 , 09:16 PM
Actually to be honest i didn't have much of a choice for the image. I ask a friend of mine at my work to take a picture of his desk for me to put some 3d object in it and he give me these one and since I don't have digital camera and I know how busy he is I had to stick with what I have. And the angle that you where talking about the x and z are perfectly aligned maybe Y is the one that looks wrong to you I don't know looks ok to me user added image. Cheers.