Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-09-2008 , 05:27 AM

old perverted tooth fairy short

hey guys been a while since ive posted but im starting on my new showreel my first piece will be a 5 second animation consisting of one character and one very detailed set he is the toth fairy but a really old perverted out of shape really filthy version of one. His house will be the set which is basically an extremely run down shack. Im going for a cartoon style but with a sylish look to it plenty of detail basically cos it is for my folio post some crits if u can ideas are wanted and loved

here is my first image started work on concept art last week and started modelling this room today with plenty of procrastanation lol

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-09-2008 , 05:27 AM
and by the way this is not textured lol jsut some coloured lamberts

# 3 19-09-2008 , 08:07 AM
some more on met set and uving will be a great job *emphasising sarcasm*

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 19-09-2008 , 10:57 AM
looks like a good start.

by 'perverted' i take it you don't mean kiddie fiddler cos, you know, that would be weird.

# 5 19-09-2008 , 02:52 PM
Haha.. what else is there? A perverted tooth fairy?

# 6 19-09-2008 , 04:49 PM
I like the cracked wooden boards, nice touch.

~I have no idea what I'm doing~
# 7 19-09-2008 , 06:05 PM
nah not kiddy fidler maybe bad choice of words just eccentric old man whos kinda creepy

# 8 19-09-2008 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
old perverted tooth fairy = pedophile :p

im gonna hope that was a bad choice if words, we dont kids to feel unsafe when they sleep at night :p

the set looks interesting so far...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 19-09-2008 , 07:10 PM
lol ok new title to this thread

"Old Man Who Doesn't Like Little Kids Tooth Fairy"

lol anywayz thanks for all the comments

# 10 07-10-2008 , 12:56 AM
okay been a while but some more models for the house .

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 07-10-2008 , 12:57 AM
got the idea of having fluroescent tubes hanging from their fittings which will sway during the animation and create a great looking lighting effect

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 07-10-2008 , 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
I really wouldn't want to meet the guy who's comfortable in that joint, the kinda guy who shuffles into his lil office with a 5 O' clock shadow, a dirty undershirt and post sleep poopie in the corners of his eyes and has to rummage through crushed beer cans and pizza crusts to find his rolodex. I know the typical concept of a tooth fairy is a friendly woman with a crown, wings and a wand but its still freakin' weird, this is an individual who goes around breaking and entering in the middle of the night to collect human teeth. The set is shaping up well, I want to see that char though. user added image

- Genny
# 13 07-10-2008 , 07:51 PM
this was originally going to be just a little folio aniamtion but im coming up ideas for a comedic short for it so if anyone has any ideas please help. Im thinking he gets home and gets accused of theft and what not. But will see how it goes.

Gect: I havn't started the modelling of the character yet im doing the room first so i can set him in to it a lot more comfortably texture wise and what not. So yeah il see how it pans out but ive got some concept art ill post up soon thanx for the comment though

# 14 09-10-2008 , 02:35 AM
Good update hope more and keep up!user added image

# 15 09-10-2008 , 07:46 PM
hey guys started texturing this interior well one wall anyway lol love some crits

Attached Thumbnails