Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-12-2008 , 01:01 PM
Subscriber

No reaction with batch render!

Hi,

I have searched around the forum only to find many other problems with batch rendering. I have set up a simple animation of a sphere moving in different directions. I have then set up the rendering settings for a batch render. Then every single time I hit either batch render itself from the drop down menu, or even the box that is meant to pop up the batch render settings, nothing what-so-ever happens. Absolutely zilch!

Am I doing something insanely stupid? Do I have to install something? user added image I haven't a clue on what is going on, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Running Maya 8.

# 2 18-12-2008 , 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Could be firewall stopping it. Personally I prefer setting up a batch file then running that instead of doing it via the Maya GUI.

- Genny
# 3 18-12-2008 , 02:13 PM
Subscriber
Yeah I have seen that the firewall may have had something to do with it but I have fiddled around with that and it doesn't make a difference.

What is this method that you use? I'm not that experienced with Maya y'see.

# 4 18-12-2008 , 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

- Genny
# 5 19-12-2008 , 04:58 AM
Subscriber
Thank you very much!

Just trying to get my head around it and seeing what the differences are on a mac.

Strangely enough though, I was going through the tutorial and thought "I might as well see if it has suddenly cured itself". And just to annoy me, it has started to work! :headbang: Although it is still a bit hit and miss, so I think I shall try and figure out that method of rendering through the command line.

Thanks once again. user added image