Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-01-2009 , 11:22 PM

Random mechanical part

I am new to Maya. Always been interested just never really delved into it. So I decided to try it out and didn't really know what to make so this is what came out. I don't know what it is but near as I can figure it's some sort of mechanical part. I guess

user added image

The render I browsed some sites to try and make it look clay like I have seen everywhere. This isn't the GI_Joe script I read about but some other way using a render layer. I don't know what it is really... user added image It came out of sorta clay. but it's hard to tell the difference between the part and the plane on the floor. Also I don't want my edges to be so harsh like they are, but when I use the smooth command everything turns into some ooze blob looking thing. If anyone has any tips or tricks on anything I mentioned please feel free to let me know.

Never in the history of the world has any soldier sacrificed more for the freedom and liberty of total strangers than the American soldier. - Zell Miller (D) Georgia 2004
# 2 10-01-2009 , 11:50 PM
The Nurb Herd
to round off the edges you should use the bevel tool. user added image

# 3 11-01-2009 , 04:18 AM
Subscriber
if you use the smooth and get a blob, the you need to add more edges close to the corners

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D