Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-09-2003 , 07:46 AM
Subscriber

probably a stupid question

is there any easy way to create trees quickly and have them look really good? Do I have to model every freakin leaf? I know that I can duplicate but it would probably look manufactured. Is there a program that is specifically made for that kind of stuff, and can be imported?

also: at simply maya how do I change my profile so that I have a picture next to my name, and change signatures?

# 2 15-09-2003 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
sorry sticky just read your thread.

# 3 15-09-2003 , 11:56 AM
Subscriber
At the top of the main forum page where you can see all thread boards (ei - Newbies and Basics, Polygons, Nurbs, Member's Lounge) you should see a button called "user cp" up near the top. From here, you can change many things such as your sig, avatar, and preferences. Avatars must be certain file types like jpg's or gifs and have a pixil limit however. Details can be found at the page where you actually change your avatar.

The quickest way to make trees in Maya is to use Paint FX. Under the Rendering menu, you should see a Paint list. You can go to choose paint brush i believe and paint in your scene as you wish. You can also draw a curve, then choose Paint>(can't rmemeber what goes here)>Apply brush to curve and the paint brush you have selected will apply to your curve since all paint effects exist on curves.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have Maya in front of me now. Although Paint FX does a nice job, it will quickly slow your computer down and rendering frames will take 10 times as long.

# 4 15-09-2003 , 01:05 PM
Subscriber
there are no stupid questions bro. so ask away if you got em. this is a great resource.

about the trees. I f you have maya 4, 4.5 or 5 unlimited, you can use the paint program to paint 3d trees. In 5 you can even convert the trees to poly's so you cn have more control over them.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 16-09-2003 , 12:35 AM
Subscriber
thanks for the help!