Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-01-2005 , 03:11 AM

Boolean Question - Please Help!

Well, I tried Polygon>Boolean>Difference, and it did not work.
It said:
Warning: Cannot perform boolean operation for geometrical reasons : move objects slightly.
What should I do to make it work?
- objects overlap
- both objects(runes are one, the blade the other) are cleaned up, holes filled etc.
- moving them slightly did not work.

Attached Thumbnails

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.

Last edited by Jack Of Spades; 24-01-2005 at 03:13 AM.
# 2 30-01-2005 , 01:36 PM
Subscriber
Bare with me as I am new to this field as well Jack. I think the two objects are too complex for boolean operations. I would separate the geometry of each letter and do difference one by one onto the plate. You can do some quick tests by separating just the first letter, make sure it overlaps with the plate (into the plate slightly) and diff it.
Booleans can be pretty quirky.

You can still parent them if you need to quick select all letters or perhaps it's possible to combine them again once the boolean op's are done.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy