Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 27-06-2005 , 03:09 PM

Guys a quick Question

Guys can anyone tell me how to make a 3D Game engine... ?

i mean how do i make a 3D Engine form Maya and then execute it... ?

i mean a Game from Maya... user added image user added image

Can anyone help...
Appriceate your help...

Thanx in advance...

Welcome to Xander Zone
# 2 27-06-2005 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
Whoa, this is a question that has gone horribly wrong and is in need of a expert like mckinley or something. I am pretty sure that if you are asking how to create a game engine and somehow from maya, then you obviously dont know what your getting into. A game engine is something that runs a game, physics, rendering, animation. All of that is taken care of by the engine, so if you wanted to "create" your own, then you would need a team of highly skilled programmers and alot of free time. But if you are asking how to export things from maya to an already created engine. Then it is specific from engine to engine. Also, you would have to make the character/object do something while in the game. Maya and game engines are two things that are used in unison, but very different from eachother. I know I havent really given any help to progress your problem, but I cant answer the question. Out of my realm of knowledge. I would suggest asking for help from some of the mods or something, like mckinley, they would know alot more about this and would be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck though, the world is a better place with more videogames.

PS. Is it said that I have come to think that reality is just one very good physics engine? Maybe I have spent to much time playing games. :shakehead

Last edited by alienscience; 27-06-2005 at 07:35 PM.
# 3 30-06-2005 , 02:09 PM
u can't make engine by yerself, but try old halflife and quake engines. people make mods from them... Counterstrike was just models and animations in halflife engine.

you'd have to know simple scripting also. if you know mel-script.. funnily it is similiar to Halflife engine script..

but halflife scripting is easier because there are very little commands compared to Maya. If you are good at logical thinking and figuring stuff out, scripting shouldn't be hard.

btw, i don't know Halflife 2 engine is free for modifications.. i am talking about the OLD halflife 1.

im sure there are others like Unreal engines and whatnot to mess with.

# 4 30-06-2005 , 05:00 PM
maya is not built for real time apps. such as games etc it pre-renders things like FMV sequences etc. However what you can do is do some animation etc and export it from maya to a game engine of your choice., I don't think you really want to write your own game engine. Search the forum for the thread about the unreal engine exporting stuff and you will find a whole bunch of answers and resources.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 05-07-2005 , 01:15 PM

Thanx...

Thank you guys ... user added image

Thanx for your suggestions user added image

Welcome to Xander Zone