Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 02-12-2009 , 09:56 PM

Loading Maya's hidden "Production Shader" library ...

In spite of being a complete MEL dunce I did manage to load the hidden Maya "Production Shaders" library into my Hypershade. However, they're not in the proper corresponding categories. For example, most have loaded into the "Miscellaneous" category with the rest scattered around. There are also no graphical shader icons, just blank squares. I know this may seem like a minor thing but it can get really annoying when searching for a particular shader and having to hunt around for it. Can anyone help me correct this. I fear MEL scripting (or worse) may be in my near future with this so go easy on me if you have a solution. I won't mind being treated like a 6 year old here.

# 2 02-12-2009 , 10:24 PM
Technical Director
Since they are hidden, I doubt that they will have any of the things you just described. Take a look at Master Zap's documentation on his blog.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.