Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-09-2004 , 05:56 PM

I'm a beginner in Maya HELP GUYS:)

nice to meet u guys user added image i'm working on "Cartoon Dog" tutorial, i can't drop the dog image file onto the plane ...i'm using "Maya Learing Edition" on Macosx
Thank u guys

# 2 14-09-2004 , 06:35 PM
Subscriber
Instead of using hypershade try selcting the plane holding the "space" bar to bring up the main marking menu then click Materials and Shading > Assign new material> Labert. Then click the checker box next to colour in the material attributes box and click "file", browse for the image.

EDIT: -- MAKE SURE YOUR IN SHADING MODE "6", TO DISPLAY TEXTURES. PRESS 6 ON NUMBER PAD.

# 3 14-09-2004 , 11:46 PM
thanks a lot !!!! i did it!!! wow now i'll keep going with the rest user added image