Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-02-2005 , 11:02 AM

NINJA animation...re-posted new version

this is the same animation i posted..

the other one's 'unviewable' so i made another compression of my animation clip and uploaded it on the same site. here it is:

www.geocities.com/ninja_mayj

crits are most welcome...user added image

# 2 24-02-2005 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber
the takeoff it looks like he needs to bend his knees a bit more to get the leverage needed to do a front tuck like that, and he kinda goes from slow to fast while in the air, but the fall looks really good to me.

# 3 24-02-2005 , 02:39 PM
all good to me.....nice work

https://www.imageocean.net/
Free Photo Hosting!
# 4 24-02-2005 , 03:01 PM
Subscriber
I'm with turbo dan, there's not enough energy in the jump to give that much height to it. During the rotation, there's a point where the flip seems to move too fast, one moment he's curled down then the almost immediatley rolled over, with insufficient tranlation inbetween. Funny vid though.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 24-02-2005 , 05:09 PM

Originally posted by mhcannon
I'm with turbo dan, there's not enough energy in the jump to give that much height to it. During the rotation, there's a point where the flip seems to move too fast, one moment he's curled down then the almost immediatley rolled over, with insufficient tranlation inbetween. Funny vid though.

have you ever seen movies,animated series and stuff with ninja's in it? coz if not
i kinda agree with you...

my character's a ninja..being a ninja himself explains how he jumps that high without exerting too much energy..

character's like this one usually defies laws of nature and stuff ordinary humans usually do. what i did was exapand my thoughts and imagine base on what the character projects.

if i had animated this base on what use just wrote, he's essence of being a ninja will no longer be there.

don't limit your imagination dude..think.

# 6 24-02-2005 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
Despite the fact that ninjas can do all those cool thing we mortals only dream of being able to, I agree with the others... If you add just a tiny bit more bending to the knees, and some more swing in the arms to help the flip, I think it'll look a lot better, more natural...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good animation, but he looks a bit stiff to me, which, I think, takes away from him being a ninja...

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 7 24-02-2005 , 05:29 PM
Not bad =)... the main thing i think hes lacking is a lot more movment... You have all the poses there but he still seems a bit stiff. For example when he first jumps he doesn't really lean down to get momentum for the jump hes doing try and make that pose a bit more pronounced.

Also try and speed some of the moments up a bit using the curve editor.

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 24-02-2005 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
Hate to say it, but i'm with the rest. Look at all the cool ninjas in anime. They all have an energy before they move, like a coiled snake....