Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 20-09-2005 , 07:57 PM
Subscriber

ma goblin type thing

im not the best at lighting lal

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 2 20-09-2005 , 09:14 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Hehehehe...user added image...that's funny...and kool!!

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 22-09-2005 , 03:50 PM
well its......................special :nod: :nod:

# 4 24-09-2005 , 11:48 PM
well its......................bad:nod: :nod:

# 5 25-09-2005 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mc-fleury
well its......................bad:nod: :nod:

And your............going to hell. :nod: :nod:

PS. I like it. Just start on the texturing and then go from there. Please post some updates.

# 6 25-09-2005 , 04:13 PM
scuse me but you really cant say that its good.

# 7 04-10-2005 , 05:36 PM
I would want to be told the truth.

# 8 05-10-2005 , 12:10 AM
Subscriber
........u guys.....cmon, instead of sayin its bad, maybe ya should point out what to work on =/ anyways, linx, i think u should try some head modeling tutorials, and then u can get better results

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 9 05-10-2005 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
I like it, it has uniqueness. I dont think he was going for a realistic view. Its very fantasy like and imaginitave. Again, start on texturing and then go from there.

Last edited by sspikedudley; 20-10-2005 at 09:36 AM.
# 10 05-10-2005 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber
cheers for all the support and feed back , im kinda worikin on texture and stuff but i cant find any good tutorials on that and im lookin to find a free small one first so then i know what i am doing . But i have no more images for you , if you would like i can find some time to email them to u or talk to me on msn . frederico02@hotmail.com

# 11 05-10-2005 , 04:22 PM
it's not that its bad for a start, but you're definetly going to have to push yourself further.
I would start doing some straight foward human models, to get a sense of anatomy first.
You need to study wireframes of peoples models on cgtalk, and the good modelers here.
Do tutorials nonstop, and refer back to them often for proper line flow.
You didn't post a wireframe, but I can tell you it is not correct.
The wireframe has to have line flow, not just edges that are randomly pulled out to make features, that will cause line stretching that you see on your model.

Basically understand muscle system will make you understand lineflow.
There are circular muscles defining the mouth that loop inwards all the way into the mouth.
There are Circular muscles that loop around the eyes. The bottom somewhat outer corners of the eyes are then extruded down to define the cheek muscle area, and the left side of the eye is extruded to wrap around the back of the head. For the side of the head, we are not too concerned with too much muscles, so keep it quads flowing downwards, later you will extrude faces out to form it.
The forhead is going to need 2-3 edge loops to form wrinkles basically

------------------------------------------< lines like that to prevent over denseness in other parts of the head.
If you model with these muscles in mind, despite it being a fantasy creature you will be 200% more succesfull when your creature deforms, and you will not be having the current problem of the face looking like it got ripped off and stretched out.

Sorry bout the harsh critique, but thats how it is out there!

# 12 05-10-2005 , 08:33 PM
can you show the wire.

[mod edit]

We will have no flame wars started here calm down

Last edited by sspikedudley; 20-10-2005 at 09:36 AM.
# 13 20-10-2005 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
I swear that’s what I look like when I’m trying to take a dump. . Man I need more fiber in my diet. user added image

He he,, look cool for what ever it is. keep working on it.:p