Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 16-06-2007 , 07:19 PM
Something always seemed to look a little odd with your model and I didn't know what it was until last night when I noticed it didn't have the seams or threads. Can't believe I didn't notice before, hehe. Well, I've never modeled a car before so I don't really know how you'd go about adding those details with the body being already modeled. Try sending younglion a private message to see if he has any suggestions, I don't think he would mind.

You seem like you've really learned alot from this project already. I know you've been working and tweaking it for awhile now but don't worry, over time, you'll get better and faster. If you're learning and improving, which you are, then you're definitely going in the right direction.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 17-06-2007 , 03:09 PM
you are so lucky bout helping. user added image
wish icould get help by perfecto

# 18 17-06-2007 , 03:28 PM
Hi deadjackal,
1st post? Well, welcome aboard SM.

Thanks for the nice comment about my help. I've only been doing Maya and 3d for a little over 3 months now. I really don't know a whole lot yet and my main focus is on modeling although I do pick up on things here and there. However, I'm always ready and willing to help if I can. Trust me, there are plenty of others whose help is much more valuable than mine. I hope I can be of help to you though...I'll keep an eye out for any threads you post. Cheers!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 19 19-06-2007 , 05:23 AM
thx so much perfecto :bow: iam already mewbie in maya.(almost 1 week)
i started with basic modeling.now iam working on ford mustang 67 coupe i think my modeling good enough.but ican't go forward. user added image user added image
i dont know nothin bout rendering lighting and camera positions.
And im watchin aroun this site.thx simplymaya :bow:

# 20 19-06-2007 , 10:09 AM
deadjackal,
If you're working on a model, you should start a thread in the WIP section for it. I'm sure you'll get all kinds of comments. Just goto the WIP section and click the "New Thread" button at the top right. Once you post it, not only can you get answers to specific questions, people will post things they see that can make your model better. I'll be looking for your thread. user added image

Exceed Expectations!
# 21 19-06-2007 , 10:13 PM
Hi there zico_samagoria! Did you ever find out anything about how to go about adding your door and hood seams? I'm asking because deadjackel posted a Mustang WIP and it looks like he too doesn't have any seams.

Exceed Expectations!
# 22 20-06-2007 , 06:57 AM

Originally posted by Perfecto
Hi there zico_samagoria! Did you ever find out anything about how to go about adding your door and hood seams? I'm asking because deadjackel posted a Mustang WIP and it looks like he too doesn't have any seams.

no i don't found yet user added image

You Deserve
# 23 21-06-2007 , 02:37 PM
Try using the split polygon tool to draw the outline of your door. Then use it again but this time draw the outline of the door offset from the first line. Then select the faces inbetween the two lines (all the way around the door) and then extrude them inward.

kinddoggofwar is modeling a vehicle in the WIP section and this is what he's doing. Check out his thread.

Exceed Expectations!
# 24 22-06-2007 , 02:08 AM
cool