Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-02-2008 , 10:20 AM

How do I get a camera to change its view on a motion path

I don't have any Idea of how to modify an object on a motion path or change the direction of the motion path ecept throwing the monitor ha!! ha!!! just joking.

# 2 29-02-2008 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber
When you say modify an object on a motion path what exactly do you mean? If you could explain your thought process a little more it would help to pinpoint just how we can be of assistance.

For example, if while a cube was floating down along a path you wanted to scale it in the y-axis, you should be able to key frame that into its movement along a path.

Changing the direction of the path is as easy as moving cv's on your curve.

If you want more explained please ask, but if you could further explain your thought process or what you are trying to do please do so first.

Thanks!
-Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 29-02-2008 , 01:32 PM
if you want a camera to be pointing at something while on a motion path, create a "camera with aim", and place the aim where you want the camera to look... putting the camera on the motion path should only animate the camera's translation, not the aim's, so the camera should always be looking at the aim.

Accept no substitutions.