Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-01-2003 , 03:20 PM

Texturing on Faces?

Hey all, its me again with a question.

Is it possible to "paste" a texture onto only a certain Face of a polygon, or several Faces? I'm working on texturing my model and am finding it a little difficult.

Thanks for any help. user added image

Rage_Matrix

Black House
"Wrapped in metal, wrapped in ivy."
# 2 11-01-2003 , 03:24 PM
Sure it's possible. Just select the faces you want and in hypershade say (right-click) "assign material to selection".

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 16-01-2003 , 01:23 AM
Cool....it kinda works now. Ummm.....except the texture is all messed up. Am I missing something here? How do I align the texture so that it stretches evenly across the face?

I have a horrible feeling I'm missing out on some of the theory behind this.

BTW, just wanna say thanks to everyone. This is my one-stop-shop for asking (stupid) questions on Maya. Pity its so damned difficult! user added image

Rage_Matrix

Black House
"Wrapped in metal, wrapped in ivy."
# 4 16-01-2003 , 01:58 AM
RageMatrix,

You need to edit the UVs of the poly shape in order for the materials to show up correctly. It'll take too long to explain in a message. I suggest checking out Craig Daughtry's UV mapping tutorial in the VIP section. There may be some tutorial links in the Tutorial thread as well.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job