Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 06-04-2009 , 09:07 PM
Subscriber
Thought I might share this with you

"In local news Chinese man arrested in local pub for selling copies of X-man."

Tag line on the 3rd page of my local free news (here in Dartford) paper today. He was selling it for £4 a copy. Get this he tried to sell it to a judge who then secretly phoned the police while his son haggled over the price - silly fool.

It`s one thing downloading it its another selling it in a pub.

# 17 06-04-2009 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
b***** h***.....

he's smart ain't he...

i heard in china the way you do business is to sell things cheaper than the other guy. whoever sells the cheapest is the better businessman :\

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 18 06-04-2009 , 09:21 PM
I agree tweetytunes, we had a period not long ago of people selling films in pubs, the thing was they'd recorded only five minutes of the start of each film on a disc, incase anyone wanted to check they were alright before buying, glad I wasn't suckered into that!

Also I was working in a house doing some plumbing and a Korean woman walked right in off the street and started asking tradesman at random if they wanted to buy any films,very weird! the thing being is that she could've been being forced into doing it, the guys making these pirate copies don't only do that to get their money, they sell drugs, weapons and god knows what else, and I for one don't want to fund people like that.

# 19 27-04-2009 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
https://www.totalfilm.com/news/wolver...secret-endings

Well I thought I was done with this thread but then more bullsh** news comes in. Multiply endings depending on were you see the film. WTF come on.

I on the side of the robbing buggers now - I sorry fox do you really want me to pay to see this film 6 times to make up the small amount of money you lost do to the internet leak. And wait It`ll cost me more than that because they are secret - so I would have to spend days hunting out trueful information on the net trying to track down where the different ending are.

What that I hear from Fox - I can see them all on the 2 disk blueray in 6 months time (christmas) thats £10 more than the standard version and its not just one big con.

My answer to that it BLOW ME !

Errrrr what a shitty move.

Might get my ticket for Tuesday showing refunded.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 27-04-2009 at 10:41 AM.
# 20 27-04-2009 , 03:36 PM
The Nurb Herd
oooh i wonder which version i collected from fox today was? user added image

# 21 29-04-2009 , 04:34 PM
Subscriber
Well I sat though the bore feast that was that movie last night (so disappointed and so many bad cg shots the fx companies should give back the money they got paid for that work) and which secret ending did I get -

Spoiler alert

None there was nothing.

Well enough of me bitching about that film now - lets hope the fx are reworked for the blueray and I get to see the endings. On the plus side I saw the new transformers traitor last night - that looks fun.

# 22 01-05-2009 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber
was the secret ending meant to appear after the credits? because we left as soon as they started rolling....

or are the mutiple endings actually at the end of the movie

unfortunately i'm not very tuned to determining when a cg shot is bad or not user added image

**spoilers**

***seriously, i just finished typing and i realised i have more spoilers in here than intended***

****no really, just don't read unless you've seen the film for real****

i didn't think it was a bad movie, although for a wolverine movie i thought there would be more fighting and more chances to show off the powers...

but each fight scene was very short

gambit could have had more dialog... i did think it was funny when wolverine just elbowed him in the middle of his little speech haha

some of the dialog was cleverly funny

"your country needs you"
"i'm canadian"

"i see stryker found a way to shut you up"

emma frost could also have used more screen time... when i saw her in the trailers i thought she'd have more of a role than a short short cameo appearence

and having emma and scott was also pretty random...

my friend was dissapointed too... he wanted the battle between magneto and wolverine... maybe next movie?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 23 01-05-2009 , 11:44 AM
Subscriber
they were after the credits (or so they say)

# 24 03-05-2009 , 06:53 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
saw the movie today. I didnt have a problem with it at all, it was just good old fashion popcorn fun, Wolverine tearing the joint up which lets be honest is what we wanted to see, I didnt really go to get anything philosophical out of it. I thought it was definately better than X3:Last Stand.

Visual Fx wise it was fine, they did their job, Ive seen worse in far higher budgeted vfx movies!

Jay