Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 11-05-2005 , 08:34 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Cool, look forward to ituser added image

_J

# 17 12-05-2005 , 09:11 AM
Hey, nice startuser added image

I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Keep up the good work Dragonhawk!

# 18 12-05-2005 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jango
Im a huge fan of the saga

You know i don't think we would ever of guessed if you hadn't pointed that one out. user added image

# 19 12-05-2005 , 08:39 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ck LOL

Dude dont take it out of context though. When people build stuff from movies ie: like this thread, as great as it is to build its just never the same so, when a nerd or a geek like myself sees these things it can be a disappointment. I think the best model Ive seen to date recently from Star Wars is one a dude over at 3d Total is doing of a character called General Grievous. Its really damn cool!! In fact heres the link https://img225.echo.cx/my.php?image=griev0011xn.jpg

Anyway back to my nerding, sorry modelling

_J

# 20 18-05-2005 , 08:53 PM
Yeah really nice render on that page Jango...
Well i havent done MUCH but it was time cosuming for me .,,,

well here just some hdri renders of the stuff inside the "ball".

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 24-05-2005 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
dont give up on us now lol. i can give u some good screenshots. i have the battlefront game which gives some good views of detail. just say so if u want.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 22 25-05-2005 , 03:30 PM
I'm far away from giving up...in fact i continued modeling but didnt publish it yet...I could use some pictures of the upper part where you can see how the stuff is connected...hard to see on my images where everything seems covered somehow...so thanks in advance....also i will post tomorrow or even today (my time,Germany..now: 18:19) my droideka...so byebye guys

# 23 25-05-2005 , 05:53 PM
After i saw that render i couldnt stand what it looks like and thought i have to post it....actually i wanted to complete the model first...also i changed the render look of the lower leg..

Thx VEDIC for that very helpfull rendering lesson user added image

oooh because of file compression it doesnt look100% as in bmp...

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 25-05-2005 , 05:56 PM
No problem dudeuser added image looks great!!

# 25 25-05-2005 , 06:04 PM
close-up

Attached Thumbnails
# 26 25-05-2005 , 06:28 PM
Hmm...
I like user added image, I like alot. That is very good, I see that you took the idea from verdic kings. Yeah, but I wonder, How long did that take you to render? And you are using MR with GI on, werent you? Anyway, its starting to lok better then ever, and I really am starting to like it. Well, you could keep all of those reflective settings, but it does not represent droideka one bit. Sorry. You clould change its name a bit or something equally stupid. Or you could keep the curent textures until you do the actual droideka textures for the model. Anyways, its coming out really good so far. Keep it up, mate. user added image

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

# 27 25-05-2005 , 06:33 PM

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Hmm...
I like user added image, I like alot. That is very good, I see that you took the idea from verdic kings. Yeah, but I wonder, How long did that take you to render? And you are using MR with GI on, werent you? Anyway, its starting to lok better then ever, and I really am starting to like it. Well, you could keep all of those reflective settings, but it does not represent droideka one bit. Sorry. You clould change its name a bit or something equally stupid. Or you could keep the curent textures until you do the actual droideka textures for the model. Anyways, its coming out really good so far. Keep it up, mate. user added image

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

First of all this is just a rendering/lighting test/lerning process for me used on that model...the model itself will get its own textures of course which will represent the real Droideka.

Secondly yes i used MR with GI on and also with FG and stuff which are shown in Vedics Thread perfectly and it took me relative to the work my computer had to do (downloading,music,internet n stuff 1.-2.mins i would estimate/say....

# 28 25-05-2005 , 07:00 PM
Subscriber
Looking good. However it's far far to shiny to be out of star wars. Turn the specular and reflective values down.

# 29 25-05-2005 , 07:32 PM
I think yout shader looks alot better! But like others had said its to reflective, from what I remember of the star wars movies 1 & 2. But you said that its just for testing and learning, which is a good thinguser added image

Keep up the good work man!

# 30 11-06-2005 , 01:25 PM
aargh why does the shader look so shitty now?plz can anyone help? or vedic kings...can u tell me what parameters of light or the shader itself shall i tell in order to undrstand why it looks so crappy?

Attached Thumbnails