Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-07-2006 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber

My new jet

Hi, I did this jet just for practice.. I just had hard time with the texture of the window... I'm not able to make it with nice reflections with mental ray Image based lighting.. If someone could give me a tip it would be nice..

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-07-2006 , 02:15 PM
Subscriber
the reflections look good and the jet is probably more futuristic, but aircraft aren't shiny, they are all dull colored, the paint on that thing would probably sear off with the high speeds of the jet.

and plus, if it gets dirty, who wants to polish up an entire plane?

First year 3D Grad
# 3 23-07-2006 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber

jet

yeah i know for sure it is far to be a real one. But I did it just for fun. I didn't wanted it to be real but just to look cool.. And i'm maybe a bit lazy to set all the uvs hehe.. And i don't control the uvs like a master, hehe I should learn more about it... Anyway this septembre i'm going in a university of 3D user added image . so i'll learn a lot...

But I could try to make it look like a real one.. If I do, i'll send it here.

# 4 25-07-2006 , 05:41 AM
i like this user added image, it's so futuristic and reminds me of something but it's cool, this was done with mental ray?

# 5 25-07-2006 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber

thanks

thanks.. yeah i rendered it with mental ray with an image based lighting..

# 6 18-08-2006 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
woah!!!! i really love the model and the reflection... i wish i can fly in it one day =]