Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-02-2007 , 02:58 AM

Problems Rendering with MR

Hi everyone! I have a problem rendering the front of a BMW car I have modeled, I am using MR with Final Gather, Ray Trace and an IBL node. The problem is that somehow when I render with Mental Ray the front part of the car displays the whole of the grid, like if the front was transparent or something which it isn't, I don't have this problem when rendering with Maya as you can see. All the objects in the scene are nurbs.

Could you help me please? thanks in advance user added image

Attached Images

Mark R.
# 2 28-02-2007 , 02:59 AM
this is the image rendered with Maya software

Attached Images

Mark R.
# 3 28-02-2007 , 03:14 AM
It looks like its ignoring the geo, is it subd's?

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 02-03-2007 , 07:35 PM
Ok, I think it might be because I mapped a reflected color to the material and used an HDRI with raytrace on in mental ray, this "double" reflection probably caused a conflict within the geometry. I turned of the reflected color and left the HDRI image as the only reflection that the car emits and that solved the problem user added image

Mark R.