Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-09-2008 , 01:41 PM
Subscriber

maya lagging

When I go to select verts and drag the mouse maya seems to be lagging pretty badly now more than it ever has before, a fresh reboot didn't make any difference.

My CPU Usage in the task manager gets up to about 60%

I have 2gb ram and a quadro fx3450 graphics card, and I've never had this problem before

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated since this isn't making it an enjoyable time to model.

# 2 07-09-2008 , 02:34 PM
could it be something unrelated to Maya such as a virus or a similar bug? Your computer kicks the hell out of mine, and I don't have that problem... You say its a new problem? I usually leave my computer off for a day or 2 just in case its overheating or something, too...

Sorry if none of that helped, hehe
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 07-09-2008 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
it's ok I appreciate the effort, I did think of the virus thing but I'm not coming up with any, and my computers about as clean as you can get it from spyware.

# 4 07-09-2008 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
well I just did a defrag and restarted again, and it's working fine now, weird, I just did a defrag a week ago... oh well, it's working now.