Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-04-2013 , 12:20 AM
Subscriber

Character Design: Kishma

Greeting all!
I know, I been M.I.A for some time now, but all is well.

I am making a set of characters for a cartoon series...
The first is 8 year old Kishma. She is 90% finish...I just have to continue to tweak her weights....Shoulder weights are always an issue for me.

As always Comments and Critiques are more than welcome.user added image

user added image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"From Concept to Completion"
# 2 17-04-2013 , 07:07 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Whats the cartoon about

# 3 17-04-2013 , 06:56 PM
Subscriber
I got another friend writing the story....
but it basically a father and daughter story with a "Cosby Show" feeluser added image

This is the first time using cloth as well because i know i couldn't get the skirt done any other way. lol

I have a question about cloth workflow.....
Is it better to reference your characters in a scene with the cloth node already applied (Cloth and nucleus nodes are disabled and will not be simulated or evaluated until animation is done)
or
reference the character in the scene without cloth applied to the geometry, then after animation, apply cloth to the geometry and simulate.

can both be done without any problems?

# 4 17-04-2013 , 07:36 PM
EduSciVis-er
I've done referenced animation and applied cloth after, a few issues, but it worked. I've also referenced nHair with nucleus and a few issues, but it worked. So both are doable. I'm not sure what the best way is.

# 5 17-04-2013 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Stwert, but i realized that when i referenced the character in with cloth node applied (Cloth and nucleus nodes are disabled ) my timeline naturally moves a bit slower than usual without keys set.
I dont think it will throw off my timing, because i use the playblast to sort that out.....but still.